Superbowl 51 was historic. It was the first Superbowl in history to go into overtime. And it was one of the biggest “come from behind” stories ever. As I watched the second half of the game through the final minutes, I realized that this game contains lessons we can all use. Here they are… enjoy.
1. It’s not over till it’s over. Never count yourself out even if you think you can’t win. Keep trying by doing what you do.
2. Next, do what you do well. You are there because you earned the right to be there.
3. Don’t take for granted how things are at one moment. Keep playing. No matter what happens. You never know how the tide can turn by one comment or anothers misstep.
4. Trust your experience. If you have a team that knows each other well and knows each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Always play to the strengths. If you have a product that has succeeded for other customers in the past, lean on that experience.
5. Win with dignity and lose graciously because there’s always next year…or the next sale.
6. Finally, take a break in the middle for some glitter, fun, and entertainment. Everyone loves to enjoy themselves, and if you can create some joy in their world, they might just want to do business with you… again.