To Complete: Definition: 1. To bring to a finish or an end:
2. To make whole, with all necessary elements or parts
It’s the end of 2019. For some of us, 2019 was a great year filled with growth, excitement and forward movement. For others of us, it was a year of challenges, obstacles and we are looking forward to putting it behind us.
Whichever of these you relate to, here are some strategies for powerful completion and for intentionally creating and attracting that which will make your 2020 an even better year to remember.
1. Review your year and assess what you learned. There is never nothing going on, and you are always learning. What did you learn and how can you use that to make your next chapter richer?
2. Look at the people in your world. Review whom you spent the most time with. How did that work for you? Are these people who bring you inspiration and energy? Or do they drain you? Choose where to put your time in the upcoming year. Be kind to others, but more kind to yourself. There is only so much time in a year, who do you want to spend it with?
3. Finances, did you meet your financial obligations? Is there some rearranging you need to do to make that more manageable and functional in the next year. And, if it was all managed successfully, did your use your resources to make your world better?
4. Your environment, are your home and your work environment supporting you? Look around. Is there unfinished business taking up space in your environment? Those “unclosed loops” are taking up space and energy in your brain. Spend some time cleaning out unfinished business, or at least filing it away so it is not in view and put it where you can get it done later. Put a tickler in your calendar to get it done. Also, this is the time of year where retailers have sales on storage solutions. Get what you need to start your year free of physical/ mental clutter.
5. How are you? A simple question with a complicated answer. Take stock of your health, and make what ever appointments or arrangements you need to get to “as good as you can”, as 2020 begins. Nothing affects our experience as drastically as our physical well being.
And finally, what do you want for yourself, and who do you intend to be in 2020 and beyond? YOU control how people react to you by your requests, actions and attitudes. Are you getting what you are intending for yourself? If not, stop, breathe and be clear as to what your 2020 will bring for you. Remember, you only get 1 chance to live in 2020. Make the most of it! Happy, Healthy New Everything!!