Teams are having to do “more with less”. Everyone is. Optimizing each team member’s strengths and genius’, they can have the confidence to lean on each other, avoid burnout, and know who has their back and why. With the Table Group’s, Working Genius tool as the baseline, a teambuilding workshop can enhance any teams ability to execute effectively, while feeling appreciated and valued. Having a tool that is simple and easy to remember and access, makes the conversation about accountability and execution simple. I’m so excited to share this fun and accessible tool with my clients and help them do “more with less”.
What if competition was all in your head? What if it was only about you? Instead of comparing yourself against someone else’s current state of being, what if you only looked at yourself and where you are in comparison to where YOU’VE been. That is the Pursuit of Better.
Would your company benefit from a 4 day work week? In the UK, as they deal with massive labor shortages, they are spending the next 6 months experimenting with giving workers and companies the 4 day work week experience. If you are thinking of trying this (several of the companies I work with have this policy currently successfully in place), here are 3 things to watch for.
1. Be clear what a productive week looks like to each employee and department. Have metrics in place to ensure productivity stays at the level needed.
2. Let your team know that as a company/ CEO you care about them and are doing this to provide them with the quality of work/ life balance they crave.
3. To create company loyalty and bonding… every once in a while partner with a local charity on that extra day, and give your team members the opportunity to volunteer to support your community as a group.
It’s November. Conversations, advertisers and in store displays have the Holidays front and center … already. However this year, before we make our holiday plans, I want to invite you to consider that you’re probably different now than you were pre-holiday 2019. (I’m skipping over the holidays 2020 as that was such an anomoly… and much of the reason for the premise of this post).
Here’s the thing. Everyone I’ve encountered, spoken for and consulted with over the past months have noticed that they are different. Are you changed in some way from this recent globally shared pandemic experience? The whole point of the human experience is to evolve and change. Can you identify how you have shifted since November of 2019?
These 3 questions might help:
1. Is there something I enjoy now that I didn’t know I enjoyed 2 years ago?
2. Are there people I’d rather be around now and others maybe not so much?
3. Are there aspects of my work I’d rather be focusing on, and others I’d rather delegate or spend less time doing within or outside of my current work situation?
As we move into the holiday season of 2021, just be aware, that everyone you will encounter is different in some way. Having compassion for them is the kindest thing you can do. Also, the only way for the people in your world to know how you are different is for you to share what is true for you now.
Here are a few things that are true for me moving into the holiday season 2021.
1. I love working with organizations to create teams that function better and are able to do more with less through my certification as a Working Genius Facilitator.
2. I love and appreciate the opportunities I have to Emcee conferences with “wicked smart” attendees, (people in the fields of Medicine, Business and Government, so far for 2022).
3. I’m looking for more laughter every single day. If you’re funny reach out and say “hi”. I also aspire to create laughter in every conversation I have, and through my podcast Another Day Above Ground.
Wishing you a joyous and evolved holiday season! –Carolyn
Work is different now. And there is no where to easily get the skills to run and attend hybrid meetings. Joe Curcillo and I have created 100 Minutes to Brilliant Blended Meetings to solve the challenge of how to conduct and attend blended meetings. In 8 fast moving episodes and a bonus episode for team members, Joe and I combined our 40 years of meeting experience to create the guide for these challenging times. I am here to help. For a preview of the program please go to https://brilliant100.com/. And if an additional discount will help your company thrive, please reach out to me and ask. Happy Meetings!!
Unsettling is the word that many are using to describe this time we are all experiencing due to the “Coronapocalypse”. But as leaders, we can use this time as a reboot, and be the source of strength and stability that our teams are seeking. Many people are looking for a safe place to land. An environment where things make sense. This can be your business.
Since the whole world was shocked into stopping, this time is a once in a lifetime opportunity to reboot and reset your business in a new direction. But how do we do that? The first step is to get crystal clear as to what kind of business you are running, who you serve, and what you provide that is distinct to your market, geography or industry. Next, create a clear vision so that the people and resources that support your business all know how they fit into the picture.
If you can use help with this, just ask. I’m here to support leaders in creating cultures that support revenue, productivity and a happy workforce. Stay well, and cool.