It’s Q2 2022…April 1! How fast did that happen? As we enter Q2 let’s take a quick look back at Q1. In talking with some clients, I have heard that it may feel like it’s “too late” to get a started on some projects that “should” be almost done by now.
Well it’s never too late. As Spring begins… now is the time to plant the seeds that will bloom into your reality soon. Plants and projects take the time they take. And for some… rushing does nothing to help.
Here are a few “seeds” you can plant now to see your garden grow soon.
1. Revisit, either by yourself or with your team, your intention and plans for 2022.
2. Assess, how are you and your brand are showing up in the world? Is it congruent with what you set out to be for this year?
3. Explore, look at what’s happening in the realm of your business communications, both internal and external, and make some changes. It’s not too late to change direction.
4. Express Gratitude, before any communication, thank people for what they provide, and then set your agenda for the communication.
5. Learn, Spring is a wonderful time to get some training or coaching for something specific that will take you and your business to the next level.
Spring is definitely here and you have a few months to make sure that what you’re planting now will sustain you and grow into the results you are intending for the rest of the year.
One of the bright spots in the past 15 months, is the re-appreciation and attention to the beauty of Nature. I’m inspired by the businesses that took advantage of the settings where they find themselves. I got to experience “beach yoga” yesterday in Santa Barbara, CA. https://santabarbarabeachyoga.com/.
Although this concept is not new, it is refreshing to look around your community and find something you may not know is available. For the past 10 years, my New Year’s resolution has been to try 1 new workout per month. This was mine this month, and it’s amazing how the sand is challenging, yet supportive during different poses.
Bottom line, when we look outside our routine (even the routines we developed during quarantine) possibilites open up. Have fun stepping outside the norm. Namaste.
There is so much advertising around Valentine’s Day that if one is not careful, we can get caught up in the “comparison” game. Is my relationship “romantic, special, exotic” enough?
One key to avoiding this trap, is to appreciate your unique situation, especially during this unique year. If you are single today, appreciate the freedom you have to make choices that serve you without having to compromise. If you are married or in a committed relationship, appreciate the support, comfort and stability of having that person that is always on your side (if that is not the case, it may be time to renegotiate your partnership… and that’s for another post, but hang in there). And if you are somewhere in between, appreciate the family members, friends and pets both in person and virtually that have brought you joy throughout this past year.
Remember, Valentine’s Day comes but once a year, but the ability to notice the love and support that surrounds your life is there for you each and every day…even if it is hidden behind a mask, it’s still there! With love and appreciation of you….. Carolyn
To Complete: Definition: 1. To bring to a finish or an end: 2. To make whole, with all necessary elements or parts.
It’s finally over, 2020. For a some people, 2020 was a great year filled with growth, excitement and forward movement. For others, it was a year of challenges, obstacles and unexpected realities, that we are looking forward to putting it behind us.
Whichever of these categories you fall into, I want to offer some strategies for powerful completion and for intentionally creating and attracting that which will make your 2021 better in every way (at least that’s the wish, and not in a Wonder Woman 1984 way either!).
1. Review your year and assess what you learned. We all learned something, because there is never nothing going on, and you are always learning. What did you learn and how can you use that to make your next chapter valuable?
2. Look at the people in your world. Review who you spent time with virtually and in person. How did that work for you? Are these people who bring you inspiration and energy? Or do they drain you? You can consciously choose where to put your presence and your time in the upcoming year. There is only so much time in a year, who do you want to spend it with?
3. Finances, did you meet your financial obligations? Is there some rearranging you need to do to make your finances more manageable and functional in the next year. This weekend is the perfect time to reassess your finances and get your paperwork in order to start clean on Monday.
4. Your environment, most of us spent a LOT of time at home this past year. Is your home and your work environment supporting you? Look around. Is there unfinished business taking up space in your environment? Those “unclosed loops” are taking up space and energy in your brain. This weekend, spend some time cleaning out unfinished business, or at least filing it away so it is not in view and put it where you can get it done later. Put a tickler in your calendar to get this work done. Also, this is the time of year where retailers have sales on storage solutions. Get what you need to start your year free of physical/ mental clutter. (To be honest, this tip is mostly for me!!)
5. How are you? A simple question with a complicated answer. Take stock of your health, both physical and mental. Make what ever appointments or arrangements you need to get to “as good as you can”. Nothing affects our experience as dramatically as our well being.
And finally, what do you want for yourself, and who do you intend to be in 2021? YOU control how people react to you by your requests, actions and attitudes. Are you getting what you need and are you caring for those in your ecology? This weekend is an opportunity to stop, breathe and create clarity as to what you intend your 2021 will bring for you. Remember the phrase, “Be kind, rewind”? For 2021, let’s all be kind and move forward with hope. Happy, Healthy New Year!!
It’s Thanksgiving Day 2020, as we look back on this year
None of us could anticipate what we’d go through to get here
In January we thought we’d have 2020 perfect vision
Instead we were bombarded with strife and division
If it’s true that hindsight is 2020 clear
Then the lessons we learned will bring us wisdom next year
So as we celebrate today being grateful and “socially distant”
Bring in peace, hope and love to break through any resistance
To accept what is, and work together to make it better
Wear a mask, wash your hands and curl up in your favorite sweater.
– In gratitude and love for you all- Carolyn
Work is different now. And there is no where to easily get the skills to run and attend hybrid meetings. Joe Curcillo and I have created 100 Minutes to Brilliant Blended Meetings to solve the challenge of how to conduct and attend blended meetings. In 8 fast moving episodes and a bonus episode for team members, Joe and I combined our 40 years of meeting experience to create the guide for these challenging times. I am here to help. For a preview of the program please go to https://brilliant100.com/. And if an additional discount will help your company thrive, please reach out to me and ask. Happy Meetings!!